Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Albanian Folk Music

by Arben Sela

There isnt alot of things that I love more then Albanian Music. From the sounds of the Ciftelia and Lahuta of the North, to the poliphonic chants and clarinet dances of the south.

What I am refering to is mostly folk music, because the state of Albanian pop music, and mainstream wedding music is beyond recognition in my opinion. Albanian rock and serenata music has for the most part survived the pollution and there remains a substantial number of good albanian rock and serenata singers.

Below is a few samples of Albanian folk music that I have found on Youtube and linked here to show the beauty and complex rhythm and history of this beautiful form of music.

I also want to note that all the samples below are performed by non Albanians.


Albanian Tango by Maxmaber Orkestar



Albanian Ladies Dance by Freccia Blu


Albanian Valle by Lorna Pollock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers